Too often, inadequate communication skills lead to your team questioning your efforts more than supporting them.
Here at CCI, we’ve developed a 7-step “pitch” to help you rally your organization around your project: Pitch Perfect: How to Rally Your Team Around an Idea in 7 Steps
It goes like this…
- Describe the desired future.
- Show why this vision isn’t currently possible.
- Share what you learned from your research.
- Describe three or four parts of your solution.
- Articulate the benefits of successfully implementing your project.
- Present the negative consequences of not pursuing your project.
- Ask for specific support.
Have any of you tried this approach? What did you learn?