- What is this online forum?
- What to use it for?
- What can I find here?
- Why should I visit?
- How do I get help?
- Creating a new post
- Replying to a post
- Mentioning someone in a thread
- Uploading files
- Bookmarking a thread
- Trust system levels
This is a forum for participants of Center for Care Innovations’ Population Health Learning Network (PHLN). The forum is an online community and space, where members can connect with peers and experts, share tools and resources, and engage in sharing and discussions about topics related to population health management. Please note that this forum can be viewed by anyone on the internet. Please refrain from posting sensitive, private information openly in discussion threads, and opt for direct messaging or emailing that information instead.
You can use this forum to ask for help or advice from peers, coaches and faculty, and participate in discussions around challenges or successes you have experienced related to your population health efforts. Find out more about what others are doing at their organizations and get ideas you can adapt for your own organization.
Here, you will find discussions that fall within 8 categories on the home page: 1 general category related to PHLN activities and 7 categories related to the core content areas of our population health network:
- PHLN Activities
- Behavioral Health Integration
- Care Management for Complex Patients
- Learning Organizations
- Planned Care and In-Reach
- Proactive Outreach
- Social Needs
- Team-Based Care 2.0
You can find questions, answers and resources related to these topics posted by other PHLN members, faculty and coaches.
Looking to connect with peers from other organizations who are doing similar work? Interested in gathering workflows or materials from someone you met at a previous workshop? Have questions about something you’re working on? Come to the forum and connect with your colleagues via discussions and messaging.
Questions regarding how to use the forum should be asked in the Forum Support & Feedback topic. Questions regarding login information should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. A CCI team member will respond to your question as soon as possible.
- Access the forum at: forum.careinnovations.org. Make sure to bookmark this website, so you can always access the site easily!
- To create an account, click the “Sign Up” button on the top right hand corner.
- You can choose to create a new account manually, by inputting your email, or using a currently existing login information via Google, Facebook or Twitter. *We recommend creating an account with your work email or an email that you have access to and will be able to receive notifications from the forum.
- To update your profile, click the circle button at the top right hand corner of the forum home page. You’ll see a drop down menu appear. Click the small gear icon at the top right hand corner of the drop down menu. This will lead you to a page titled “Preferences.”
- On the left hand side, you’ll see the different items you can control and update.
- On the Accounts section:
- Make sure to use the following format for your username: first name_organization name (e.g., diana_cci).
- Under “Name”, include your full name, so we know who you are.
- Make sure that your email is set to an email you have access to and can receive notifications from the forum.
- Upload a headshot of yourself. This will help other PHLN members put a face to your name! Please do not use a photo that isn’t you (e.g., cartoon, other images).
- Click “Save Changes.”
Under Preferences, click the “Emails” section. You can change how often and how you receive notifications from the forum. You can get alerts when people reply to your post or mention you in a post. You can also get a summary of all forum activities daily or weekly. Click “Save Changes.”
When you enter the forum home page, you’ll find that there are four buttons at the top of the Navigation Bar that allow you to easily skim through the categories or posts on the forum:
- All Categories - Allows you to quickly navigate to a specific category, using a drop down list.
- Categories - Provides a list view of all the categories in the forum.
- Latest - Provides a list view of all the recent forum questions or posts that have been posted.
- Top - Provides a list view of the top forum questions or posts that the community is engaging with.
Note: When you’re in the “Latest” or “Top” tabs, you can order forum posts by clicking on Replies, Views or Activity. This will order forum posts by ascending or descending number of the respective filters.
Categories contain all of the threads and posts that users create. The categories for this forum are the 7 PHLN content areas. Below, we explain the differences between categories and where to correctly create content.
- PHLN Activities - For the Getting Started Guide; questions/discussion around PHLN activities (like webinars, site visits, in-person sessions, etc.)
- Behavioral Health Integration - For questions and posts related to behavioral health and how to integrate BH into primary care.
- Care Management for Complex Patients - For questions and posts related to high-risk patients, risk-stratification, etc.
- Learning Organizations - For questions and posts related to change management, etc.
- Planned Care and In-Reach - For questions and posts related to patient engagement, empanelment of patients, etc.
- Proactive Outreach - For questions and posts related to engaging care teams and health plans in data.
- Social Needs - For questions and posts related to social determinants of health work.
- Team-Based Care 2.0 - For questions and posts related to care teams.
- Uncategorized - For all other topics that don’t fall under the 7 population health categories.
- Before posting anything, use the Search Bar to see if anyone has already posted a similar question as you. Tip: Use keywords that would most likely be used by others, when referencing this topic.
- If you find that there ISN’T a similar post already, click on the category in which your post/question would fall under.
- On the top right hand corner, click the button “New Topic.”
- When creating a new post, keep these posting guidelines in mind:
- If you’re posting a question, always start your post with “QUESTION:” This alerts other users that you’re looking for answers, and provokes others to provide responses.
- If you’re sharing a resource, always start your post with “RESOURCE:” This tells other users that this is something that may be useful to them, but does not require immediate assistance.
- If you find that a post currently exists and you would like to follow up on that post, click the “Reply” button on the right hand corner under the post you’d like to reply to.
- You can also reply to posts via via email by simply sending a “Reply” response to your digest email. To set your email and notification preferences, go to your forum preferences.
To capture another user’s attention, you can mention them in a thread by typing “@” and their username. Tip: Type their organization name and search the specific user you’d like to mention in your post. This will send the user a notification and will push the user to check the thread. This is helpful to do, if you would like a response from a particular person.
Users are encouraged to share files, when appropriate. You can share any files, such as powerpoints, word documents, excel spreadsheets, job descriptions, workflows, etc. Some files may be too large to upload to the forum. You can either save it to a cloud storage or email Diana for help with uploading.
Please note: This is a public forum that can be viewed by anyone on the web. Do not upload sensitive information.
If there’s a post or thread that you’re interested in following, you can bookmark the thread, so that you can easily return to it. Click the tag icon below the thread. You can access your bookmarks by clicking on your photo icon and then the tag icon next to the gear icon.
Be mindful of our community’s Trust Level System. To prevent bad actors from flooding our forum with spam, new users need to earn their right to post, upload attachments, engage with other community members, etc. You can do that simply by spending some time reading and exploring the forum!
Need to search for a particular topic or question that someone shared? Use the Search Bar at the top right of the forum, by clicking on the magnifying glass icon. You can do a search of topics, posts, users or categories. You can also do an advanced search by clicking “options” in the right hand corner of the box that appears, after clicking the magnifying glass icon.
If you run into issues on the forum or need help with how to use the forum, post in the Forum Support & Feedback section. A CCI staff member will respond to your questions there.
Got locked out of the forum or having issues with logging in? Email email@example.com.
The forum is a work in progress and we’re always open to improving it! If you have ideas on how to improve the forum, share your thoughts in the Forum Support & Feedback section.